English Class After Kindergarten! After Kinder2.5 Hours
Play and use English, while naturally remembering English words!
Children from 3 years to Nencho are welcome in Knock Knock Preschool’s After Kinder course! Our After Kinder program is recommended for children that wish to partake after kindergarten or preschool, and is a 2.5 hour course held from 15:30-18:00 on weekdays.
By spending 2.5 hours in a comfortable English environment with our foreign teachers and support staff, our goal is to help children improve their communication skills with ease.
Students are encouraged to naturally learn and remember basic English phrases used during play, and communicate using learned phrases. Children will also complete writing and phonics exercises while becoming more comfortable with reading and writing English.
- Due to our status as a Ninkagai childcare service, our courses are eligible for government aid
- Students may enroll for 1 lesson per week or more
- This course aims to increase English communicative ability
- Transportation between kindergarten/preschool and Knock Knock is available. * For more information about our transportation services, click here!
Year-Long Total English Environment
Our schools have a 44 week per year curriculum. The graph below shows the total hours of our English environment that children will participate in, based on their classes per week. For children that are non-native speakers, total time spent in an English environment is used as an indicator for fluency. It is said that learning English requires around 2,000 hours of English experience during childhood.
|15:30 - 15:50||Get Ready & Hello Song|
|15:50 - 16:15||Circle Time / Review|
|16:15 - 16:25||Drink / Snack Time|
|16:25 - 16:50||Outside / Craft / Experiment / Activity|
|16:50 - 17:15||Phonics and Worksheet / Writing|
|17:15 - 17:30||Small Game / Activity|
|17:30 - 18:00||Goodbye Song and Stickers|
During Craft Week, students will complete a craft alongside their classmates, following a preset theme.
Sing, Dance, Exercise and have fun!
Our classes frequently use videos from Super Simple Learning, a company which originated from Knock Knock English, in order to help students obtain proper English pronunciation and rhythm. Super Simple Learning videos are available on YouTube, so parents may review activities from home with their children after lessons!
* Super Simple Learning split from Knock Knock English in 2009
2023 Class Availability (April 2023 - March 2024)
|3 - 5 y.o.|
|3 - 5 y.o.|
|4 - 6 y.o.|
Space available Only a few spaces left Please Contact us for information
After Kinder’s Target Age Group
Our After Kinder program may be difficult for younger children. Due to this, we offer our After Kinder class to students that are Nensho to Nencho. However, students younger than Nensho may be admitted to the class if they meet the following requirements.
- Students have passed their third birthday
- Students have been enrolled in our courses for over 3 months
- Students attend our Regular Course 4 or more times a week
- Students have the English ability and maturity to participate in After Kinder classes
- Our After Kinder course must have space for students, and our total number of students below Nensho may not exceed 3.
Other courses and classes
Students naturally acquire English through a full-length English course. Our goal is to nurture students who can communicate smoothly in English.
A full day English course. This course aims to have our students using their own words and developing their ability to speak and communicate in English.
This class aims to broaden children’s interest towards English through music, dance, and play. Parents and children attend together. Setagaya Child Raising Tickets (せたがや子育て利用券) may be used.
- 0〜2 years old
- 40 mins. 1 day+ /wk